Grandma Mina’s Homemade Ice Cream recipe uses Goodman’s Vanilla to create an old-fashioned rich custard-like ice cream everyone will love.
Grandma Mina’s Homemade Ice Cream
An old-fashioned rich custard-like ice cream.
Servings 1 Gallon
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 6 cups whole milk
- 2 2/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs (or 5 small eggs)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 13 oz evaporated milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 4 tbsp Goodman's Vanilla
- crushed ice
- ice cream salt
- Mix cornstarch with 1/2 cup milk.
- Add 1 1/2 cups milk and cook in double boiler until tick and smooth,
- Blend sugar, eggs, salt, and evaporated milk in mixer.
- Add 1/2 cup of hot cornstarch mixture to egg mixture, mixing well.
- Return egg mixture to double boiler and cook one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add whipping cream, remaining milk, and Goodman's Vanilla.
- Pour into ice cream canister.
- Use ice cream maker as directed to freeze.
Tip: Place ice cream canister in freezer several hours before use. Ice cream will freeze faster and more evenly.