Karleen’s Fruit Cake recipe uses Goodman’s Almond and Goodman’s Pineapple Flavor to create a delicious cake that will be enjoyed by everyone!
Karleen’s Fruit Cake
Forget the jokes, this is delicious!
Servings 3 loaves
- 1 ½ pounds pitted dates
- 1 pound candied pineapple
- 1 pound candied cherries
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Goodman's Almond
- 1 tsp Goodman's Pineapple
- 2 pounds whole pecans
- white corn syrup
- Grease pans well.
- Line with baking paper cut to fit.
- Spray paper with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Save out some cherries and pecans for decorating loaves.
- Cut dates and pineapple into a bowl, kitchen shears work well.
- Add cherries.
- Mix together flour, baking powder and salt and add to fruit.
- Mix well until fruit is coated.
- With the mixer, beat 4 eggs until frothery.
- Gradually mix in 1 cup sugar and Goodman's Almond and Pineapple Flavors.
- Add to fruit mixture and mix well (by hand).
- Add pecans and mix with hands until nuts are evenly coated with batter.
- Pack firmly into pans.
- Shift around to fill holes.
- Decorate top with rows of cherries and pecans.
- Bake for 1 ½ hours.
- When done, top should be dry, but not brown.
- If you're not sure if it is done, bake a few more minutes. Over baking does no harm.
- Cool 5 minutes on a rack and turn out.
- Brush with corn syrup and store in an air tight container.
It’s hard to tell when it is done. Try sticking in a toothpick and drawing it out or tapping on it for firmness.