An old-fashioned delight!
- 1 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ¾ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Goodman's Caramel Flavor
- ½ tsp Goodman's Cinnamon
- ¼ cup oil
- ½ cup hot water
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl combine all wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, until done.
- Excellent served with Cool Whip or ice cream or topped with cream cheese frosting.