Oven Baked Apple French Toast
Great on a holiday morning.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- ½ tsp Goodman's Caramel Flavor
- 2-3 large apples peeled and sliced
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp Goodman's Vanilla
- 7-10 slices Texas toast or thick sliced French bread
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, and Goodman's Caramel in a sauce pan.
- Cook on low to medium heat, about 10 minutes.
- Stir constantly until smooth.
- Pour brown sugar mixture into greased 13 x 9 pan.
- Layer apples over sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle cinnamon over apples.
- Combine eggs, milk, and Goodman's Vanilla.
- Dip bread into egg mixture and place in one layer over apples.
- Pour extra egg mix over the bread.
- Cover and refrigerate 8-10 hours before baking.
- Time can be shortened if needed.
- Cook uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes until a knife comes out clean.