This Pecan Toffee Squares recipe uses Goodman’s Natural Caramel Flavor and Goodman’s Vanilla to create a delicious alternative to brownies.
Pecan Toffee Squares
A delicious alternative to brownies.
- 13 x 9 pan
- 1 box yellow cake mix (18.25 oz)
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- Dash salt
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk NOT evaporated
- 1 tsp Goodman's Vanilla
- 1 tsp Goodman's Natural Caramel Flavor
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1 6 oz pkg toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 13 x 9 inch pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and butter.
- Mix well with pastry blender or fork.
- Stir in egg to moisten.
- Press mixture into bottom of greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine all filling ingredients except toffee bits and nuts.
- Stir in toffee bits and nuts.
- Remove based from oven.
- Pour filling mix evenly over warm base.
- Return to bake an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until filling is set.
- Jiggle the pan and watch filling. If it doesn't move much, it's done.
- Cool 1 hour, oruntil completely cooled.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.